Once you, as the prospective Business Seller, provide us the information necessary listed on the Seller’s Action List my team will go to work to provide you a comprehensive report in the form of a Courtesy Valuation to help us create a strategy to get your business SOLD at the highest price for the best possible terms.
Here are just a few things we will discuss when we meet to discuss the Courtesy Valuation:
- The range of business sale prices for your business, and the probability of achieving those sales prices.
- What do terms such as EBITA, SDE (Seller Discretionary Earnings), Cash Flow, Adjusted Net Income, Adjusted Net Profit, Adjusted Annual Profit, Owner’s Beneficial Income, Gross Sales, Assets, Goodwill, and FF&E mean? And what do they have to do with the sales price of your business?
- What are Multiples and Rules of Thumb? And what role do they play when thinking about the sales price of your business?
- Are there any comparable businesses (comps) in your industry that have sold, or are for sale that we should look at?
- We will discuss structuring the Terms of the Sale – Are you willing to finance a portion of the purchase price? Is it necessary? And how will the terms affect your sales time on market and price? Is your business a good candidate for a Small Business Association (SBA) loan? And why could this be beneficial to you?
- Who might be the most likely buyer of your business and why?
- What is your motivation to sell, and also how sellable is your business?
Interested in having a Courtesy Valuation of your business?